These are MOOCs or Online Courses in Computing that I have taken or am in the process of taking, that I found to be particularly good in a number of ways. For me, it’s important that the presenter presents well. I’m easily distracted by verbal tics – y’know, ok, um err? And of course, the material should be interesting and well-organised, but that’s very much a matter of subjective judgement. These are my favourite courses, but there’s a good chance you’ll like them too, if you like any of the other content on this site…
Be aware that when some people say ‘computer science’ they really mean ‘programming’! CS does have a lot to do with programming, but also with a lot more. Anyway, that’s why there’s a course under Programming that’s called ‘Intro to Computer Science’; there’s some CS in it, but it’s really about Python programming.
AI & ML
- Artificial Intelligence UC Berkeley/edX.
- MACHINE LEARNING FOR MUSICIANS AND ARTISTS Goldsmith’s/Kadenze.
- Learning from Data Caltech.
- Machine Learning Foundations: A Case Study Approach University of Washington/Coursera.
Algorithms & Data Structures
- Algorithms: Design and Analysis, Part 1 Stanford/Coursera
- Algorithmic Toolbox University of California, San Diego & Higher School of Economics/Coursera
- Introduction to Algorithms MIT Open Courseware
- Build a Modern Computer from First Principles: From Nand to Tetris Hebrew University of Jerusalem/Coursera
- Computability, Complexity & Algorithms Udacity
- Computer Science Courses Coursera
- Introduction to Computer Science CS50x Harvard/edX
- Intro to Theoretical Computer Science Udacity
- Database courses @Stanford, self-paced
- A MATHEMATICAL EXPLORATION OF MUSIC AND SOUND Canvas
- Analysis of a Complex Kind Wesleyan/Coursera
- Fractals and Scaling Complexity Explorer
- Internet History, Technology, and Security University of Michigan/Coursera
- Introduction to Linux Linux Foundation/edX
- Introduction to Operating Systems Georgia Tech/Udacity
- C++ For C Programmers, Part A University of California, Santa Cruz/Coursera
- Compilers Stanford/Coursera
- Introduction to Computational Thinking and Data Science (Python) MIT/edX
- Intro to Computer Science Udacity
- World Science U
- Science, Engineering & Maths Courses FutureLearn